At Five Star Bank, we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset, and that hiring the right people is vital to the success of our company. We are always looking for talented and motivated people with individual initiative and creativity. Our employees enjoy competitive compensation and an exceptional benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, matching 401(k), paid vacations, tuition reimbursement and many other benefits.
Consumer Loan Officer
Under general direction, processes applications for residential mortgage loans, underwrites residential construction loans, and reviews small energy retrofit loans for funding requirements. Additionally, manages construction loan draws and seeks permanent financing for completed projects. Works with Business Development Officers’ referrals, and the Note department to ensure loan documentation is accurate and complete. Has five or more years experience in residential lending, and a sound knowledge of lending principles and regulatory guidelines.
Essential Job Functions
- Takes residential mortgage applications and submits them to correspondent bank (CBLX); obtains required documents from applicants and coordinates hand-off to CBLX
- Takes residential construction applications and submits to CBLX for pre-qualification. Underwrites and submits construction loans for approval, and processes draws. Ultimately, submits mortgage application to CBLX for take-out
- Processes applications for small energy retrofit loans (GreenStar and FHA Title 1) and reviews closing packages for compliance with funding requirements.
- Works with BDO’s to negotiate loans acceptable to FSB.
- Monitor assigned portfolio for compliance with loan terms.
- Reviews 1003 applications for completeness and enters data into CBLX platform.
- Prepares financial schedules and Credit memos for residential construction loan approvals
- Reviews/conducts site inspections and prepares draw requests for funding
- Monitors construction loans for acceptable progress and compliance with FSB requirements.
- Prepares approval worksheets (Excel) for GreenStar energy retrofit loans
- Reviews 3rd-party closing document packages for funding GreenStar and Title 1 loans
- Comply with all Anti-Money Laundering Laws and Regulations.
- Current NMLS registration, good credit (no BK or foreclosures) and no felony convictions (including DUI)
- Five+ years of work experience in same capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Competence with personal computers and the Outlook, Word, Excel, and Cash Tax program
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org