Learn About the RISE Program
Five Star Bank is committed to serving Cities, Counties and Districts through the RISE Program, and through direct banking services. To learn more about Government Banking, click HERE.
What is RISE?
RISE (Responsible Investment for a Stronger Economy) is an economic development initiative where Cities, Counties and Districts direct funds to local community banks for the purpose of reinvesting that money into local small-to-medium-sized businesses.
In order to be considered for this investment opportunity, Five Star Bank has proven we can provide protection of public funds, demonstrated financial strength, and complied with several other qualifications.
The RISE program was created to:
- Pay an attractive interest/earnings rate that will be tied to the most recently published Local Agency Investment Fund (LAIF) monthly interest earnings rate.
- Lend no less than 50% of funds on deposit to small and medium businesses in the participating City, County or District.
- Provide streamlined, local underwriting for businesses working with RISE.
- Promote the participant as a leader in the region’s community bank RISE initiative.
- Promote the Community Bank/participant partnership through RISE, and when possible, publicize loans made with the participants’ funds.
Join the list of Cities, Counties and Districts Five Star Bank works with through RISE!
City of Sacramento
City of Elk Grove
City of Rancho Cordova
Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD)
County of Alameda (through Alameda County's Impact Deposit Program)
“We are excited to participate in the RISE initiative and look forward to the economic development that will result from each participant’s investment. We expect funds invested in RISE to enhance and serve Cities, Counties and Districts in many ways, including job growth, housing and services to local residents.”
-- James Beckwith, President & CEO, Five Star Bank
“RISE is a groundbreaking yet simple policy where local governments redirect their funds to local banks who are dedicated to investing those funds to grow small businesses in our community.”
-- Josh Wood, CEO, Region Business
Watch Five Star Bank's President & CEO, James Beckwith, testify at the recent Joint Information Hearing regarding Public Banks: An Examination of Public Banking at the Local Level.
James testified on behalf of the California Community Banking Network to present the community banking perspective.