Learn about The Five Pillar Program
Five Star Bank is committed to serving Cities, Counties and Districts through The Five Pillar Program, and through direct banking services. Learn more about government banking.
What is The Five Pillar Program?
The Five Pillar Program is an economic development initiative where Cities, Counties and Districts direct funds to local community banks for the purpose of reinvesting that money into local small-to-medium-sized businesses.
In order to be considered for this investment opportunity, Five Star Bank has proven we can provide protection of public funds, demonstrated financial strength, and complied with several other qualifications.
The Five Pillar Program was created to:
- SAFETY: Keep your funds collateralized and insured at all times, as per State law.
- LIQUIDITY: Provide you with same day access to your accounts and funds.
- YIELD: Pay a competitive rate of LAIF plus 0.01% (based on the most recent monthly rate).
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT: Show our commitment to lending 100% of the funds deposited back into your community.
- TRANSPARENCY: Give you quarterly reports so you see the loans funded and jobs created/saved so you can inform your residents of the program's success!
Join the list of Cities, Counties and Districts working with Five Star Bank!
- City of Sacramento
- City of Elk Grove
- City of Roseville (through the Roseville Advantage Program)
- Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD)
- County of Alameda (through Alameda County's Impact Deposit Program)
Watch Five Star Bank's President & CEO, James Beckwith, testify at the recent Joint Information Hearing regarding Public Banks: An Examination of Public Banking at the Local Level.
James testified on behalf of the California Community Banking Network to present the community banking perspective.